Bubbles in Urine: Causes and Treatments
Although we do not know and we do not have too much information to respect, through our urine we can know our body and immune wellbeing and if everything works in order and in a correct way in our body. In its aspect we can find symptoms that some of our internal functions, or that some of our organs may not work properly.
If our urine has a very dark color, or seems to have blood, if it hurts when it comes out, or if foam appears on it, they are indicators that something is not working properly. Today in this article, we will focus on this last aspect and we will know about the bubbles in urine: causes and treatment.
Causes of Bubbles in Urine:
Strength and concentration are one of the most common and least worrisome causes of foam in urine. When we spend a lot of time without being able to go to the bathroom, when urinating the pressure with which the urine comes out is very high and when running into the water of the toilet it generates foaming caused by force. Although urine is not recommended for long periods of time, if your foam in urine is due to this reason you should not worry.
Not drinking enough water daily can lead to excessive concentration of leftover elements in our body that must be eliminated through urination. As a result, our urine can create foam. An example of this may be the first urine of the day, when we get up, which is the most concentrated and dense.
Presence of seminal fluids
After sexual intercourse, a small amount of seminal fluid, or semen, which is extracted from the body once urinated, usually remains in the man’s urinary tract. It is important for sexual health, to urinate after intercourse or relationships since maintaining the clean urinary tract can be a way to prevent diseases or infections.
Presence of excess proteins
Known as proteinuria when it is due to a failure in the functioning of the kidneys, since the protein should not be eliminated from the body. It can also be due to an excess of protein intake, for example when dietary supplements are used or diets are made based on the ingestion of protein foods to gain muscle. These are the causes and consequences of protein in the urine.
When our urinary system presents some type of infection, they create an antivirus and generate antibodies and mucus in the area that can cause foam when urinating. Normally in these cases we will also notice pain or burning every time we have to perform this action.
It is the presence of small mineral concentrations, that is, of stones, in the kidney. This can cause a blockage of the urinary tract which causes the pressure with which the urine circulates to increase and when urinating is created foam by the force that is generated. In addition, it is often accompanied by severe pain and discomfort due to the presence of the stones and their movement. In this article we talk to you extensively about kidney stones.
The alteration of glucose levels affects the formation of urine creating foam. If you have diagnosed diabetes and controlled does not have to appear this symptom, however, if it appears and stays for a while you should visit the doctor to see if you can have this disease.
It is the presence of an anomalous connection that is generated between the colon and the urinary tract, originated by the presence of harmful elements such as tumors or discomfort in the colon.
Treatment of Foam in Urine:
Depending on the reason why your urine is foamy, treatment for this symptom will be different. Some of the causes that we have presented can be diagnosed by yourself since they involve a conscious experience of the case. Here we present the most common treatments for each cause of bubbles in urine that you can self diagnose:
- Strength and concentration in urination: the best treatment is to reduce the temporality between urination and urination, that is, to go to the bathroom more often, whenever possible.
- Dehydration: the recommended daily intake of liquids, especially based on water, is between 1 liter and a half and two liters per day. This can increase or decrease according to your degree of physical activity and sport. We recommend that if you think that you are not ingesting the right amount for your energy expenditure, start trying to get into the habit of drinking more water.
- Presence of seminal fluids: after sexual intercourse or intercourse. It is a normal body reaction that should not worry you, on the contrary it is cleaning your urinary tract naturally.
In these cases the bubbles in urine disappears easily with these simple steps
Urine with foam: complex treatment
Before the other causes of foam or bubbles in urine that we have told you, you will need the diagnosis of a doctor to be able to know what is due the foaming. Normally, with the analysis of the urine sample will be enough to find the reason for the abnormal situation that you live. Perhaps other tests must be applied to carry out the diagnosis.
We tell you the most common treatments for each cause and we remind you that it is important that if during a period of one week you recognize that there are bubbles in urine and not knowing why, you should see your doctor.
- Presence of excess proteins: after the analysis and the diagnosis obtained, treatments must be carried out that depend on the cause and habits of the person. A change in diet, the suspension of taking protein food supplements, in severe cases could be performed a dialysis or a kidney transplant.
- Infection: in the presence of a urinary tract infection, adequate tests will be carried out and it can be treated with drugs such as antibiotics, a simple change in diet or an increase in water intake.
- Renal calculation: after the urinalysis, other tests can be performed, such as blood tests or imaging tests. According to the quantity and size of the stones, different treatments can be carried out: increase in water intake (between 2 and 3 liters per day), taking analgesic drugs for pain, or medical and surgical intervention such as taking alpha-blocker medications, or interventions with sound waves, endoscopies or surgeries.
- Diabetes: control of glucose intake and diet. Control of blood glucose and medication by taking insulin to regulate it.
- Colo-vesilical fistula: the only option to treat it is surgery, in which the damaged part of the colon will be removed, the colon will be joined and the wound created that united these two parts will be closed. If this union has been created by the existence of a malignant tumor, it should be treated with radiotherapy, chemotherapy or the medical resources that are needed.
Read More Articles:
- Stages of Male Puberty and Changes
- Pink Himalayan Salt Benefits During Pregnancy
- Burning in Anus After Defecation
- What Are Symptoms of Measles in Babies?
- Cravings in Pregnancy
- Extraction of Wisdom Teeth