What Causes Burning Sensation In Chest: How to Get Rid Of
If you have ever felt a burning sensation in chest, it is normal for the symptoms to associate it with some alteration in the heart because this is where this important organ lodges. Many times there is a relationship between this sensation and the heart, but at other times it may have a different origin. Although it seems very harmless or common, you must take into account that it is important to know the cause that triggers it so that you can take appropriate preventive measures when necessary. In this article , we will introduce you to possible causes that may answer the question of why I feel burning in chest. So you can know what other disorders trigger this manifestation that not only owes to the heart and when you should go to the doctor for an evaluation when necessary.
Causes of The Burning In Chest:
If you experience the burning sensation in your chest, it is likely to be a symptom of some other condition that is affecting your health. Among the possible conditions or conditions, there are those listed below:
It is perhaps one of the most common causes of the burning sensation in chest. Angina is a pain that appears when a coronary artery, an artery of the heart, does not carry enough blood to the tissues of the heart, which has as one of its symptoms heartburn.
In addition to burning in the center of the chest, there may be nausea, sweating and difficulty breathing. Complementary examinations are used, such as radiographs, electrocardiograms, stress tests with isotopes and coronary angiography, in order to diagnose and differentiate it from other conditions.
Burning in the chest for anxiety
Just for the simple fact of not being able to control our emotions because of anxiety or stress, the burning sensation in the chest of the right or left side can be generated because the emotional tension triggers discomforts.
Burning chest by reflux
Gastroesophageal reflux occurs when the contents of the stomach rise into the esophagus due to a failure in the closure of the muscle that separates both organs. The acids, which in themselves remain in the stomach without damaging it due to the presence of gastric mucus, produce a strong irritation in the esophagus, which is characterized by a burning sensation.
There are other triggers of this symptomatology. The most common gastrointestinal disorders that produce burning in the chest are gastritis and stomach ulcers. They tend to be a sharp upper left pain in the case of gastritis and if it is an ulcer it is usually an intense burning that appears more frequently when the person is fasting.
Burning in the intercostal chest
When it is located intercostally, the burning appears in the rib cage, at chest level and is associated with overexertion or cramps, however, the burning is tolerable and remains a simple annoyance.
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Chest:
In case of burning sensation in chest, the first thing you should do is:
- Locate the pain area if it is on the right, left or center side.
- Evaluate the intensity in which the burning occurs and the duration or if it presents irradiation to other areas.
- If the pain appears after an emotional disturbance, such as stress, or after eating.
- Call a doctor in case of burning in the chest, although it can be a disturbance of the heart, it can also be for other causes that will require attention from a specialist.
Generally, the treatment of burning in the chest will depend on the underlying cause that caused it, but to be able to know what originated it, a doctor must be attended, who will determine the cause and send it to the corresponding specialist.
- If the burning in the chest appears as a consequence of angina pectoris, in addition to the use of the drugs indicated by the doctor, a change in lifestyle must be made, the exercises indicated by the specialist must be followed and a healthy diet followed. balanced
- In the case that the burning in the chest is due to anxiety or stress, going to a psychotherapy can be of great help.
- If it is due to any gastrointestinal disorder, an antacid-based treatment will be sufficient to improve the symptoms.
- In case of burning at the intercostal level, only rest will be required, since it is usually a simple discomfort that will improve when resting.
How to Relieve Sudden Burning Sensation In Chest:
The burning sensation in the chest may appear abruptly and suddenly. When you have a burn in your chest, the first thing you should do is stay calm. After the calm, you have to sit down, calm down, locate the pain and rest. This is because the pain occasionally appears due to some overexertion and may disappear when resting
If you are lying down, you should sit on the bed and try deep breathing exercises, since they help to improve anxiety or stress. It is important to consider a consultation when you have this sensation, especially if it occurs repeatedly, in order to confirm or rule out any prevailing alteration. If you have already gone to a doctor’s office, you must follow the recommendations of your doctor to control the symptom and take the medicines that you have indicated on a regular basis.
- Congestive Heart Failure Life Expectancy
- Causes And Treatment Of Sciatica During Pregnancy
- Congestive Heart Failure Life Expectancy
- Pain After Root Canal – Treatment and Protection
- Lip Herpes, Remedies For Cosmetics Alleviate
- How Is Yogurt Made At Home: Stet By Step Guide
- How Late Can a Period Be Without Being Pregnant
- Causes of Burning Pain in Back and How Treat it
- Pain on inside of knee – A Complete Guide
- Why You Have Pain On Outside Of Foot