Itchy Ears And Throat: Causes, Prevention and Treatment
If you have experienced the sensation of itching in your body you will know that when it is placed in certain parts it can become very annoying, heavy and tired. If you have suffered from itchy ears and throat at the same time you will know that it is an unpleasant and annoying situation.
If you usually suffer these itching or have ever lived, you may wonder why they appear and what they are due, therefore, in this article, we will try to explain itchy ears and throat.
Causes of Itchy Ears And Throat:
When our body generates a sensation of itching it is usually because something fails or because there is some external element that causes a bodily reaction to fight it. You may wonder why you get itchy ears and throat that apparently seem separated from each other, you see, that is common, since certain nerves that run through our throat have their nerve endings in the inner area of the ears, so that when they react with itching, swell their nervous channels or are stimulated, we can feel the same sensation in these two parts of the body, much more internally connected than we usually think.
The reasons why this body reaction happens, the itching, which does not stop being a symptom of other reactions and diseases, among which we find the following:
Itchy Itchy Ears And Throat Due to Allergy:
Respiratory allergies are those that directly affect any part of our respiratory system, reacting to some external element that our body can not accept and that generates a reaction to expel it, because it considers them invaders. The elements that usually react most frequently generating itching and stinging in the ears and throat are dust, pollen, mites, medicines, certain foods, etc. Each person reacts in a different way to allergies and some may notice this sensation because the element that comes in contact with our body, alters our nervous system and generates a reaction in which the nerve endings found in the ears and throat, creating a dryness in the area that becomes irritation and that generates this itch.
Itchy Ears And Throat Due to Bacteria or Viruses:
Another common element is the external attack of viruses or bacteria that affect our body and which it seeks to release quickly with the generation of mucus, which can cause some irritation in the area to occur in excess and cause a consequent itching in the mucous tissues of the walls.
Itching In Ears and Throat From Dehydration:
Environmental dryness or low fluid intake can lead to a situation of low humidity in our body, which leads to a clear irritation of the tissues, as they do not rust and become less mobile and flexible, causing pain, itching and discomfort . It is usually due to the lack of humidity in the air generated by the application of air conditioners or heating in winter.
Itchy throat and ears from drugs or toxins
The last most common cause known to this situation is the body’s own reaction to drugs or certain toxins or drugs. Some medicines can cause in our body an allergic reaction that generates everything we have explained in the first point of this section. On the other hand, drugs and narcotic substances generate an alteration of our nervous system, which can cause an anomalous functioning and the generation of sensations such as itching or pain in the area we have named.
How to Prevent Itching In The Ears and Throat:
If we follow proper guidelines of hygiene, food, movement and rest, our body will be less predisposed to suffer certain external attacks such as viruses, bacteria or fungi.
Another fact to keep in mind is to know whether or not we are allergic to any product and what kind of allergic reaction it generates, in order to avoid coming into contact with the specific element and avoid a painful, uncomfortable and stinging situation.
On the other hand, we must avoid the use of toxics or drugs, as its impact on our body and our immune, cardiovascular, nervous and digestive systems can be very serious and have fatal consequences at the level of health, both physical and mental.
Finally and if you suffer this situation often, we recommend that you drink plenty of water and use a humidifier in your home to keep the air humidity in good condition and not generate dryness in your respiratory areas.
How to Get Rid of Itchy Ears And Throat:
Depending on the cause of the itchy ears and throat, the treatment will be different. We will know the most common treatments for each case:
- Itching by allergy: depending on the degree of allergic reaction and the dangerousness of our situation, it will proceed to the taking or not of antihistamine drugs, respiratory absorption drugs, corticosteroids or decongestants. In cases of very strong allergy, immunotherapy may be used, that is, vaccination of the patient so that his body does not react to the allergen.
- For external attacks of bacteria, viruses and fungi: depending on what type of element attacks us, a pharmacological treatment will be carried out or not, with anti-inflammatories, decongestants or if necessary antibiotics. Perhaps it is not necessary to carry out a pharmacological treatment and only need rest and wait.
- Dehydration: drink plenty of water, make steam vapors to improve the dryness of the area and use environmental humidifiers.
- Itching due to medication or toxic reaction: it will depend on each case and the degree of danger of the situation, but it can be treated with a detoxification process, with antiallergenic treatment with antihistamines or with simple waiting.
Read More Articles:
- Does Birth Control Make You Fat?
- Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy
- Causes Of Headache After Sex
- How to Remove Bruises On Leg
- Home Remedies for Snoring in Children