Losartan Side Effects: Does Losartan Cause Male Impotence?
Losartan, also called losartan potassium, is a medicine sold in tablets indicated for people with high blood pressure (hypertension). There is a myth about drugs used to control blood pressure, both in cases of low blood pressure and high blood pressure, which are said to be responsible for cases of low male sexual potency or even for cases of impotence. If you wonder if Losartan causes male impotence, the answer is NO! Keep reading this article ” Losartan Side Effects ” to learn more about the topic.
Losartan Potassium Hydrochlorothiazide causes impotence?
Losartan 25g does not cause impotence, the drug works by blocking a substance called angiotensin II, as a result of this block there is the relaxation of blood vessels and the decrease in blood pressure, the medicine is indicated for high blood pressure and also for heart failure.
Despite the myth regarding the use of high blood pressure remedies and many have the story as truth, blood pressure remedies do not have among their side effects impotence. There is research that indicates that Losartan improves sexual potency when used for pressure control as it helps improve the patient’s health, which is great since many prefer to stop taking the drug for fear that it will get in the way the sex life.
Although there is no proven correlation between Losartan and male impotence, in rare cases both end up walking together, but impotence is a problem that can be generated for several reasons. Therefore, if you are taking Losartan and are also experiencing symptoms of sexual impotence, consult a physician to see if it is indeed the remedy that is causing you this problem.
Another important issue among men taking Losartan is: who takes Losartan Potassium can take viagra? And the answer to that question is yes and no. In theory, it is not recommended that the two drugs be mixed because both of them interfere with the blood pressure and the result of this mixture can be catastrophic, however, it is possible to take the two medicines if you have previously consulted a specialized doctor to release the concomitant use of these substances, and even if it is released, an interval of 6 hours between doses is required.
If you are taking another medication other than Losartan, see which remedies cause impotence, if not, see below the main causes of sexual impotence in men.
Side Effects of Losartan Potassium:
Medications to treat serious illnesses like high blood pressure usually have heavy side effects, in the case of Losartan the most common side effects are:
- Excessive blood pressure decrease (in these cases it is necessary to consult a doctor again so that it decreases the dose indicated for the patient);
- Pressure drop due to lack of blood glucose;
- Unexplained tiredness;
- Strong and persistent headaches;
- Lack of appetite;
- Skin rashes.
Causes of sexual impotence
Sexual impotence is not just a possible source, however, there is a great taboo around this male health problem that causes many men not to seek medical care to solve the problem, although sometimes it is generated by something serious. The main causes of sexual impotence are:
- Drug use: Drug use can interfere with blood circulation and, as a consequence, blood can not reach the penis sufficiently.
- Diabetes: In diabetics, sexual impotence occurs due to decreased sensitivity in the penis, which decreases libido, decreased blood circulation in the penis, and also stress due to atherosclerosis in the artery of the penis.
- Use of antidepressants: Antidepressant medications often lead to decreased libido, causing men and women to lose their sexual appetite.
- Psychological Problems Like Insecurity: Our minds have more of us than we imagine, so it happens that a man thinks he’s having impotence problems when in fact it’s just the nervousness taking over his head.
- Smoking: Tobacco addiction increases the chances of men developing impotence by 85%.
- Alcoholism: Alcohol addiction, in addition to generating impotence can also generate problems of high blood pressure, both directly involving the blood system.
- Hormonal imbalances: The drop in testosterone production causes a decrease in libido and, consequently, sexual impotence.
- Diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, kidney failure and brain tumors.
- Diseases that directly affect the circulation of blood.
It is important that men do check-ups and also consult a urologist at least every 2 years, and in case of impotence or low sexual potency it is recommended that the man go as soon as possible to the doctor since, as we have seen, it can be a consequence of even tumors.
If you are taking any of the above medicines or blood pressure medicines, consult a doctor to check that there is a correlation between the use of the medicine and your problem because in these cases it is often possible to change the medication to a similar one that solves your problem without generating other side effects.
- Effective Spasms: What are they and how to behave?
- What flavor does breast milk have
- Pregnant belly sickness: causes, consequences and remedies
- Uses of Flax seeds for hair
- Pregnant kidney colic: causes, symptoms and remedies